Original topic:

New Update One UI3 On S20 FE _UCKS

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 6:21 PM)
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
New Update One UI3 On S20 FE _UCKS  (missing letter is what "Samsung" starts with)....lol
Ok, I'm trying to stay calm right now... I just did this update last night, against my better judgement to wait for reviews - and I literally CANNOT USE mobile date for internet unless I'm connected to wifi. Can't get notifications, can't use browsers, can't access emails, social media, etc. I at least can still get texts and calls but _TF. This is a serious problem. I just called my phone service provider and they said this is happening world wide to just the FE phones because of the new update. They have my 5 steps to possibly get it to work again and nothing worked. So, now I just gotta wait for Samsung to get it together... I do business on my phone and I need access to internet while I'm out. Seriously Samsung,  _TF    (Guess what first letter is? - No prizes being offered!)
- - - - - - - - - - 
This is the second time in about 24 hours that this forum is accusing me of using inapproriate words/acronnmys, but I NEVER did/do....  And so, I am "unable to reply to "the original post". They allow the original poster to post the words/acronmyns instead of  merely correcting them when they first post.  So, in order to reply, I need to start a "whole new thread".... Would you expect anything different?!?!?!

My Reply Below:

I would be just as mad as you are right now!  You have a right to be.

I don't know what steps you've tried;  perhaps you already tried these, but just in case, here they are, the most drastic being #3;  if you go that far, make sure you back up all your contacts and data (via Samsung Smart Switch,  a cloud, etc...).

#1  Go to Settings/General Management/Reset/Reset all Settings:    choose that option & confirm choice.... (see if this fixes anything for you.)

#2    Go to Settings/General Management/Reset/Reset Networkl Settings:    choose that option & confirm choice.... (see if that does anything)

#3   Go to Settings/General Management/Reset/Factory Data Reset:    choose that option & confirm choice.... (Once again, make sure you back-uip everything before doing this step)

Let us know if any of these tips help, OR if you already tried them and they didn't.

You wouldn't expect Samsung to sell "non-working phones"!!! - - And on top of that, their "custromer support" is TERRIBLE!  And of course, you need your phone for business... if you don't have a back-up phone, maybe you can get an inexpensive phone just to get you by.  - - Good luck!

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
lol thank you for this. I actually tried the network reset and that didn't work. I didn't wanna try the factory reset for obvious reasons - what a pain that would be... I just got all the settings and apps right on my new phone. Anyway, I did a post right after my first one saying what I did to "fix" this problem. I found that switching the mobile network to one of the other 2 options besides "global" gave my mobile data access again. Hopefully it stays working. Been a few hours now with no issues.
Options
Galaxy S20
Im with you bro, One UI 3 just took us back to TouchWiz inconsistancy and instability. If they insist on keeping it this way then im jumping ship to pixel come upgrade time. Save myself a ton of money and frustration dealing with this c*** (*** rhymes with hat)
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

lol... can I buy a vowel???

Options
Galaxy S20
lolol
caleb1517
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Resetting the Network settings did the trick for me.  Wish I did that first.  Resetting All Settings created a pain in the rear getting those settings back to normal.

Caleb1517
0 Likes
GreggMI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
FE stands for Frustration Edition
0 Likes