JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Newest update has DESTROYED battery life!

(Topic created: 01-24-2021 05:26 PM)
18827 Views
ProfessorC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My Galaxy S20 FE (on T-Mobile/Sprint) just received an OTA update (which said it was only One UI). Current About says
One UI: 3.0

Android: 11

Kernel: 4.19.113-20464283

 

Before the update, I was getting nearly a day-and-a-half on a full battery charge.

Now, after the update, I'm getting just over half-a-day.

The update has cut my battery life in 1/3rd.

 

How do I roll back to the previous version. This is ridiculous. I certainly don't want this update if it effects my battery life like this.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
delanips
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have experienced the same thing. one day I was getting my battery to last a day and half. immediately after the update I get half that. It's ridiculous and I hope they fix the issue quickly. I also keep track of my phone temperature and it runs hotter as well.
userhfbE2w6oLK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here. Got a S20 Ultra in November. After use for a full day it would never have less than 70% charge in the evening. After the latest firmware update it gets down to 20-30%. Trying to add up the percentage of which apps is using the battery gets me at 20%. So there is still 50% batterylife which isn´t accounted for.

user4NA2W5w3Uq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Galaxy S9. 

Same issue with battery drain since the most recent update. The battery drains quicker than normal, then when gets to 15% battery life remaining the battery percentage indicator will literally click off like seconds off a timer down to shutting off within a matter of 20 to 30 seconds from when hitting 15% remaining.