cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

News station alert

I keep getting random male voice notification that says "A news station alert has arrived". I have only had the phone for about 2 weeks.  Any ideas on how to remove this?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: News station alert

Does it happen while you are booted in safe mode? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I haven't tried that. It just randomly  happens.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

I'd love to assist you with the issue you're having. Because I am unable to see the issue I would like to do some basic troubleshooting. We need to verify if it's coming from a downloaded app. The next time it happens immediately go to the google play store> click the 3 vertical lines in the top left hand corner> Select my apps and games> Select installed> You will see "On This Device" next to it on the right you'll see the word Alphabetical etc> Sort By> Select LAST USED 

This will organize your apps by the last used application. If you see an unfamiliar app that says "used moments ago" its possibly the app that's causing the problem. Click it and select uninstall.   

*Be sure not to uninstall essential apps like Samsung One UI or anything of that nature. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I will try this when it happens again. Thanks for the help

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold the power button, the volume up button, and the home button together

2. The phone should boot into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone

Additionally, you can try going into Safe Mode to see if it is a third party application causing that issue. Safe Mode will block all third party applications from running.

To get into Safe Mode:

1. Hold the power button down for a couple of seconds

2. A menu with three options will show on the screen, hold the power off option down, and the button should turn green

3. Once it turns green, select it, and the phone should restart in Safe Mode

4. Troubleshoot the device and see if there is any improvement.

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/