Product Expert

Re: News station alert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold the power button, the volume up button, and the home button together

2. The phone should boot into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone

Additionally, you can try going into Safe Mode to see if it is a third party application causing that issue. Safe Mode will block all third party applications from running.

To get into Safe Mode:

1. Hold the power button down for a couple of seconds

2. A menu with three options will show on the screen, hold the power off option down, and the button should turn green

3. Once it turns green, select it, and the phone should restart in Safe Mode

4. Troubleshoot the device and see if there is any improvement.

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This announcement is your weather app. You will notice that when the weather gets bad you will hear this more often. I have 3 different weather apps and I hear this from 2 of them. And it says New announcement and not news announcement.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not related to the weather apps, the weather hasn't been an issue where I live. My phone had a recent update and that seems to have taken care of the issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I removed 1 weather app (Storm Sheild) and 2 news station apps (WHEC 10 and WHAM 13) 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard that message since. Hope that helps!