JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

News station alert

(Topic created: 04-10-2020 12:38 PM)
Samsung_dasGtoT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I keep getting random male voice notification that says "A news station alert has arrived". I have only had the phone for about 2 weeks.  Any ideas on how to remove this?

15 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Does it happen while you are booted in safe mode? 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Samsung_dasGtoT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I haven't tried that. It just randomly  happens.

0 Likes
usergr9HpMqD1i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

On my Note 8 this happens daily about 5:30 to 6:30 AM. This is a very scary thing  to  hear that early in AM. and not awake yet.  It only started about a month ago. I read that I should go to Play store, apps & games installed on this device, alphabetize, then last used. By the time I found this solution it was 4 hours later. I will try tomorrow then kill that app. I suspected a news app but the only apps used at that time were weather apps.  Do many weather apps have a news componant? Confused.

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

I'd love to assist you with the issue you're having. Because I am unable to see the issue I would like to do some basic troubleshooting. We need to verify if it's coming from a downloaded app. The next time it happens immediately go to the google play store> click the 3 vertical lines in the top left hand corner> Select my apps and games> Select installed> You will see "On This Device" next to it on the right you'll see the word Alphabetical etc> Sort By> Select LAST USED 

This will organize your apps by the last used application. If you see an unfamiliar app that says "used moments ago" its possibly the app that's causing the problem. Click it and select uninstall.   

*Be sure not to uninstall essential apps like Samsung One UI or anything of that nature. 

Samsung_dasGtoT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I will try this when it happens again. Thanks for the help

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_dasGtoT  Any resolution?

0 Likes
Samsung_dasGtoT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

No, it still happens. When I check to see the last app  that was used it always shows Samsung One UI Home.   I have yet to reset my phone, it hasnt happend in a couple of days so next time I plan on resetting my phone.  

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_dasGtoT 

Well before you factory reset I suggest making sure its not an accessibility funtion that may have been turned on.

Second, I recccomend clearing your cache and data. Then also restarting you device in safe mode to rule out it being a third party application.  @jellodragon listed the steps in clearing cache and also safe mode. 

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_dasGtoT an easier way would also be wait for the notfication to come in and then: 

-Settings

-Notfications

-Recently sent (here youll see the most recent notfication apps) 

-toggle whatever app it was sending the notfication or delete the app all together if its an unfamiliar app

I