JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Cell Service After Android 12 Update

(Topic created: 01-13-2022 02:08 PM)
userVaAyyvCELJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello. I have a Galaxy S20+ on Verizon, and yesterday I updated to the new Android 12 One UI 4.0 update. Afterwards I am no longer able to use data, make phone calls or SMS. It was working the night before the update, and my SIM card is still registering as in service and connected; The signal bars are visible but see-through.

Everything was working as intended before the new update, so I don't know if it's an issue with the new OS itself or Samsung's work on top of it, but my device is essentially a paperweight now. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

-Jeff

6 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Can you do Wi-Fi Calling ?

If you haven't already reboot to the Recovery screen and choose Wipe Cache and then choose Repair Apps option

If it still doesn't work, contact Verizon tech support
0 Likes
userVaAyyvCELJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Tried those before, just did it again and no improvement. I'm contacting Verizon but they only pushed the update, I strongly suspect this is a software issue.

Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you try removing SIM card and putting it back in?
This usually fixes that problem
0 Likes
userVaAyyvCELJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Of course I tried that. I just got a new SIM card from Verizon and still no service, it is absolutely an issue related to the new Android 12 update.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

have you contacted verizon? 

0 Likes
Solution
Cheer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

turn your device off then wait 5 minutes and turn it back on thats how I fixed the issue and I'm on verizon.

If That doesn't work, I would recommend contacting Verizon directly because making calls is normally a carrier feature.