JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Data after getting THE One UI 3.0 update

(Topic created: 01-22-2021 10:13 AM)
userJQ7Uj3RmVO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an s20FE 5G with the carrier being spectrum and I had updated my phone last night with th One UI 3.0 update. It worked completly fine with wifi and I made a call later after  leaving the house. I was trying to pull up the news when I realised I had no data. I restarted my phone multiple times and pulled out and cleaned up the sim card. Is anyone else expieriencing this problem and if so has anyone fixed it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Try clearing the cache partition, it's often the culprit when issues show up after a major update. If that doesn't work you could do a full wipe and restore thought that's a bit more drastic.

Power off the phone, press and hold volume up and power at the same time till you see the green android guy, when the menu shows, use volume down to go to wipe cache partition and use power to select. It wil take a little time, but you won't lose any data or apps.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Try clearing the cache partition, it's often the culprit when issues show up after a major update. If that doesn't work you could do a full wipe and restore thought that's a bit more drastic.

Power off the phone, press and hold volume up and power at the same time till you see the green android guy, when the menu shows, use volume down to go to wipe cache partition and use power to select. It wil take a little time, but you won't lose any data or apps.
GPA70
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It worked! Thank you!
userMeCAydwH60
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for this. Both mine and the wifes S20Fe 5g phones  had the same problem going from ui3.0 to 3.1, and wiping the cache partition fixed both.

Happy to say that this message was upload via fully funtional LTE+ lol

0 Likes
djuarez025
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
honestly man i had the same issue its actually the android 11 firmware. lots of bugs and not fully complete for the s20 . i fixed the issue by downgrading to andriod 10 without root

download odin
samsmobile .com
firmware search and find andriod 10
example  mine was     sm-g986u youll see it

the instructions are also on the site. very simple . backup before hard reset

0 Likes