Original topic:

No January update s20+ unlocked

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 10:06 AM)
Mmmmeeee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I haven't received the January update yet.... I've seen all the other Samsung phones of the 20 series updated just no s20+ unlocked... Saw the note 20 series get it's 2nd January update...... Why?... why nothing for the s20+.... C'mon Samsung really!
6 Replies
Entilza70
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have had a few unlocked phones. In my experience, unlocked phones are not high priority for updates. But they do arrive.
0 Likes
raejr78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

What build number are you on? Sammobile has CTL5 build from January 3. That's what I'm rocking at the moment.

0 Likes
Mmmmeeee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
CTKJ
0 Likes
raejr78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You can download the CTL5 firmware from Sammobile or maybe even from Frija. For the Frija tool...check XDA Developers. Either way, you can use Odin flash the firmware to your phone. That's what I did. I never got an OTA notification. Mine is a Verizon model S20+, but I flashed the U1 (unlocked) software to my phone to get rid of the bloatware. Plus, I like the way Heya (caller ID) is incorporated into the phone app on the unlocked firmware.

0 Likes
Mmmmeeee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
thanks for the help
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
CTKJ is latest for my unlocked S20 +
Go settings. update phone. enable auto over wifi.
This device: SM-G986U1, Model 7, S20+ 5G, Samsung unlocked US version, carrier Verizon.
0 Likes