JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Mobile Data since update to One UI 4.0

(Topic created: 01-24-2022 01:22 AM)
S_J_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I updated my S20 FE 5G to One UI 4.0 today.

Since doing the update I have had no access to mobile data. I have tried switching WiFi off; cycling through from 2G, to 3G, to LTE, to 5G; re-set the network settings; wiped the cache partition. None of these have worked.

The phone had mobile data this morning before I did the software update, so I cannot believe that it is anything to do with my network provider (Vodafone UK), or the hardware on my phone - it must be related to the update to One UI 4.0.

Can you please tell me what has to be done to restore mobile data on my phone.

Thanks

3 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

i'd contact your carrier and see if they can help 

0 Likes
S_J_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for suggesting that. However, this is not a problem with the carrier, but directly relates to the One UI 4.0 update.

The problem started immediately after installing the update. The following day, Samsung pushed another One UI update - this didn't resolve the issue, and I still have no access to mobile data.

Samsung have clearly understood there is an issue as they pushed the second software update. However, they still have not solved the problem and need to sort it out a.s.a.p.

In future it would be best if they actually tested their updates in every country, with each carrier network, before they pushed these out to their device users.

0 Likes
Solution
S_J_C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have fixed this issue - It turns out that as part of the update, it deleted the Vodafone APN setttings; other APNs were still listed, but the specific one for my carrier (Vodafone UK) had been altered and needed the details re-entering.

Details can be found at: https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-s20-plus-5g-android-10-0/connectivity/set-up-your... 

After updating this APN, the device needed to re-start fully before it would connect properly - without the re-start, mobile data was restored but only on an "E" connection. After the re-start, 5G is back (for the moment).