JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Wifi! No Solutions! Why?

(Topic created: 03-21-2021 09:44 PM)
RoadwearyMoses
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have just bought an S20 FE. I even foundnl a plan that gives me unlimited hotspot. Why? Because home internet is not available. l have found every setting I can and all my apps, updates and backups default to mobile data. All except the UI updates and some other system updates. Why is this even a thing?  Do I have to drive ten miles to update my phone. Or is there a fix I'm missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for following up. As product updates are pushed through your carrier, they are able to set restrictions on how you are able to update your device. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
You will need a WI fi connection to update any security patches or firmware updates
userbetYDyet0I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
And for myself I have NO access to wifi! There must be a solution!
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately the Wi-Fi is needed for larger updates for the device.  While it's a bit inconvenient (trust me, I get it), the updates would absolutely kill your data.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userbetYDyet0I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have unlimited data. I will have to turn on hot spot on my 2nd and do it that way. I should have the choice to use my data as i choose. At least a switch to enable or disable.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for following up. As product updates are pushed through your carrier, they are able to set restrictions on how you are able to update your device. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes