cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Not focusing at all

Hi there I have the s20 and it's not focusing with back camera. I've tried in bright light, dark light natural light and it won't focus until almost over a meter away. 

I got this phone as I love to take photos this is total nonsense why release a phone with such a major flaw. I have checked for these ap cAlled updates none .

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Not focusing at all

Hello userOfqCAxzD3M,

I understand your frustration especially when it comes to a new device. This potentially could be a hardware issue with the back mega camera. The Link provided below can guide you to find a location open near you that may be able to test and repair your device if needed. 

www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Hope This Helps!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Not focusing at all

Hello,

is this issue replicated only with a certain camera app, or all camera apps? Like does it work properly on Snapchat, but not on the regular camera app? 

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold all the buttons together, the phone should restart

2. Once its restarting, hold the power button and the volume up button and the phone should boot into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone