Original topic:

Not receiving incoming text messages

(Topic created on: 4/26/21 10:57 AM)
userTdB3IpMB5K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Starting two days ago, I have not been receiving any incoming text messages. Outgoing texts go through, but nothing for incoming. AT&T support said everything was fine on their end, but someone on the internet said it was a Samsung update issue. Samsung support had me do everything up to factory resetting the phone, which did not work. This is a huge issue now because I can't receive texts for work and I can not log back into several apps because they use texts for authentication codes. Support also said I would just have to wait for the next update, which is unknown when it will get to my phone. Is there any other solution?

10 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Try a network reset
From settings > General management > Reset > Reset Network
FYI this will uninstall your wifi & Bluetooth devices. Afterwards you will need to reinstall them.
I had the same problem, & couldn't make or receive calls. I did this & now everything is good
0 Likes
userTdB3IpMB5K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did try that before I did a factory reset of the phone. I feel like I'm running out of options.

Constantino_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @userTdB3IpMB5K . I am sorry to hear about that no issues have been brought up about MMS issues with device models or software issues.  If  you have not tried @Patriot1776JG  Solution (Which you did). There is a possibility that a new update will roll out and fix any issues you are having. Have you tried going to your carrier and trying a sim replacement see if that resolves it.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
0 Likes
userTdB3IpMB5K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey Constantino! I just got back from ATT and paid $5 to replace my SIM card and that did not work. I'm finding out that I only get messages from ATT customers, but they said everything looks fine... Samsung support said to wait "some days" for a new update. Sounds like I'm stuck for awhile.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @userTdB3IpMB5K 

Did you try the option I listed above?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
userTdB3IpMB5K
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey Rydah. Yes I did. Thanks for digging that up. Still nothing though.

I found several threads similar to this one: https://forums.att.com/conversations/android/not-able-to-receive-texts-from-non-att-people/5fdbbe9d2...

AT&T tells me nothing is wrong though.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @userTdB3IpMB5K, I hope you're doing well.

Can you try adding the AT&T APN? Follow the template provided here: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1062162/

To edit/add the APN settings, go to:
Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Add

You'll then fill out the APN setup according to the AT&T template I posted above (under Android/Smartphone.)

Once done, press save. Reboot the device and try out your messages. Good luck!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Ask your carrier to replace your SIM card
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

do you have 4G SIM or 5G SIM? what's your current software version?

0 Likes