Original topic:

Not recieving text messages from one person

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 10:49 PM)
user1vDvNsD08s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having problems recieving text messages from only one specific person.  I only get messages from them if I use Google Messages.  I prefer using Pulse for SMS, but I have also tried using Textra and Samsung Messages, but text messages from that one person do not come through when using any of those other apps.  Text messages from everyone else come though just fine. I used to have no issues until last Thursday when all of a sudden, I stop receiving messages.  I do not think I changed any settings and I don't understand why I can receive texts from them in Google Messages, but I can't when using any other app.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Not sure if this will help, but Did you turn off the chat feature on Google messages before switching?

"On your device, open Google Messages .At the top right, tap More   Settings.Tap Chat features.Toggle "Enable chat features" on or off."
0 Likes
user1vDvNsD08s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the reply.  I tried your suggestion and turned the chat feature off.  That kept me from getting any texts from that one contact, including Google messages.  When I tured it back on, the text that they sent while it was turned off immediately came though on Google messages, but I am still having the problem with them coming through with Pulse and Textra.

And just to clarify, I've been using Pulse for SMS for nearly 2 years and on 2 different phones.  I haven't had any problems receiving texts until a few days ago.

I am starting to think it may have something to do with the chat feature, since when I turned it off, I completely stopped getting texts from that one contact, but was still getting texts from everyone else.  Could this be something to do on their end?

Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
It's does sound like it could be chat, so Maybe try the deactivation web portal to see if that will fully disconnect you.

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

If that doesn't help hopefully someone with experience with this issue will see this post.
0 Likes
user1vDvNsD08s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I deleted Google Messages and that fixed the problem.  I don't know why I didn't think to do that at first.  I still don't know what caused the issue in the first place, but whatever it was had something to do with Google Messages.

Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah I think the chat feature from the Google messages app was having an issue fully turning off. Glad you found the solution and your messages are working again.
0 Likes