JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra - No contacts after System Update 9

(Topic created: 04-02-2021 04:35 PM)
sygnus21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I've a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Verizon) and oddly after getting the System Update 9 installed, I've lost all my contacts.

It's currently looks like I'm going to have to reset the phone and do a data restore from a backup to solve the issue.

Suggestions? Anyone else have this or any other issues?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

You shouldn't have to do the reset, you should just be able to restore from the back-up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
sygnus21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Sorry, I should have posted this the day after the posted issue. 

I already did the reset.  And the issue is solved, but it wasn't the reset that did it.

It turns out it wasn't the phone but my contacts sync software (DejaOffice). I use CompanionLink (PC side), which in turn uses DejaOffice (phone side) to sync Outlook contacts between phone and PC.  Turns out DejaOffice's last release (now fixed) was hosed and effectively erased my contacts off the phone during one of the sync operations. 

CompanionLink acknowledged their software was at fault but blamed it on the latest Android System WebView app released by Google. Google via Samsung also admitted fault that the WebView updated caused other apps to crash.  Basically, one thing led to another and a domino effect occurred. 

Anyway, the issue is solved since everybody released a fix and all is good now.

Thanks. 

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Glad to hear you're back up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes