cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Notes didn't transfer after Smart Switch

I had a Galaxy S9 with the most up-to-date software and had my local Best Buy transfer my data to a Galaxy S20 using Smart Switch. I was connected to my Samsung account and I thought I had everything good, so I transferred then let my Best Buy Mobile rep factory reset my old phone. 

Unfortunately, my Notes were the only thing that didn't make the transfer and I had some really important information on there. Everything else made the switch just fine. I've been trying to re-sync my phone and try to reconnect my phone to my Samsung Cloud, but without my old one (I wasn't allowed to get it since it's already been wiped.) I so far haven't had any luck getting my Notes.

Is there anything more I can do? 

4 REPLIES 4
Nebula

Re: Notes didn't transfer after Smart Switch

I would assume your Samsung Cloud would have your notes backed up. I assume that's your only mode of backup... I'd recommend calling Samsung tech support... 800-Samsung. Better yet, use this number... Media Solutions 855-795-0509. Hopefully they can get it done for you. Good luck!
Constellation

I'm going through the same issue. I called Samsung and they're no help. I've never had this issue all my notes always transfer but this time it only transfered notes from 2017 and I need my current notes.

what device was it transferred from??

also, what is the software version on your s20? (settings - about - softawre - baseband ver)

thanks!!

Constellation

Re: Re: Notes didn't transfer after Smart Switch

I transferred originally from a Note 8 and everything transferred over to the Note 20 with ease but it was defective so I got a new one. The transfer from the Note 20 ultra to another Note 20 ultra is where the notes didn't transfer over