JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification Volume Keeps Resetting

(Topic created: 03-26-2020 03:41 PM)
userViakou4Taq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried 2 different S20+ phones and on both the volume for notifications keeps resetting to the default level. This happens after ever restart and randomly a couple times during the day. It makes no difference if the control media with volume control is on or off. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zolfur
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @userViakou4Taq,

I suggest double-checking you are on the latest update. If you are I suggest backing up your data and restoring to factory settings.

To do this:

1. Make sure you turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “Factory data reset”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. After the wipe cache partition is complete, the “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

After all that. Please use Samsung Smart Switch to restore your data but don't restore any of your settings. This way we ensure nothing settings wise from previous restores affects anything with your current phone.

If none of the above has worked for you. May I have to suggest you look into getting the device serviced.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

28 Replies
Solution
Zolfur
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @userViakou4Taq,

I suggest double-checking you are on the latest update. If you are I suggest backing up your data and restoring to factory settings.

To do this:

1. Make sure you turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “Factory data reset”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. After the wipe cache partition is complete, the “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

After all that. Please use Samsung Smart Switch to restore your data but don't restore any of your settings. This way we ensure nothing settings wise from previous restores affects anything with your current phone.

If none of the above has worked for you. May I have to suggest you look into getting the device serviced.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useryXvLsjZQHf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem with my Galaxy Note 20. This is really aggravating. I shouldn't have to perform a factory reset on a phone that I've had for barely a week.

userAcAjPZqitt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same trouble with my Samsung Note20. I've done a factory reset and software is up to date. This handset is only 2 weeks old and I've spent so much time trying to get it fixed. What can be done next to fix this issue urgently please?

userMd41s4Td3L
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This S20 has been through several updates.  Samsung needs to incorporate the fix in the next update.  This is a very frustrating bug.

Andoreni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
TERRIBLE!! THAT'S NOT A SOLUTION
userkhrH0yYbZA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My phone is brand new and I am having the same problem. Shouldn't have to reset or have it serviced. Hopefully someone can suggest a more practical solution

user2Iislb3kkd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the exact same problem. I ordered a new headset thinking that was the issue, and my phone is still doing this. It is quite disappointing for a phone that cost more than my last laptop and/or my first car!
userotIq5RjvlM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Try the Bixby Routines. It changes when you get home or arrive at work.
kevinhillpac
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having volume issues also. I turn down the ring tone and notification volumes and then the volume goes up to a deafening level. Any help appreciated