JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification Volume Keeps Resetting

(Topic created: 03-29-2021 07:21 PM)
userViakou4Taq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried 2 different S20+ phones and on both the volume for notifications keeps resetting to the default level. This happens after ever restart and randomly a couple times during the day. It makes no difference if the control media with volume control is on or off. Has anyone else experienced this?

28 Replies
userB1N9co0yQ0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a similar problem, but my notification sounds keeps turning OFF. It's caused me to be late to work on more than one occassion. Last night I checked the volume before bed to ensure it was turned up, and this morning there was no sound. When I looked at the volume controls, the notification sounds was back on mute! This is absolutely unnaceptable. I've had this phone for 3 weeks, so I know my software is up to date. A factory reset is ridiculous as I've just set it up. 

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Can you provide the following. 

• Model Number
  • IMEI Number
0 Likes
userNJZQWJmjkf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I believe folks, that it is a Bixby routine you have, or it has, that is running. Go into the gear box (settings) and in the search bar just enter "Bixby" or Bixby routines. See what you have as far as routines. Our you can just disallow the darn useless Bixby app totally under Apps. How that helps you all. 😀
userkvCdh3kudh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
it's very annoying that my volume on my new S21 keeps shutting off when I'm not using a headphone. I am missing appointments because I'm not getting the reminders.
0 Likes
Members_XTpDumk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same problem (brand new S20 FE 5G) with my notifications being muted without any interaction by myself. I haven't turned Bixby routines on. I've had the phone for a few days and have updated to the latest version. I totally agree that a factory reset should never be the first answer for a problem (especially after finally getting it set up). This issue is causing me to miss my meds and you don't want to see what happens when I miss my meds

0 Likes
Samsung_t12CchH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

This is really upsetting as I have used the same 2 bixby routines for well over a year, really rely on them, and have not changed them, and have purposely not updated the phone to avoid buggy updates. If a phone keeps running the same working software and is restarted every morning, how is it suddenly acting up like this! I hate technology!

0 Likes
Samsung_t12CchH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

There is no option under sounds settings to even mess with the notification volume under bixby routine settings. 

Screenshot_20210330-111804_Bixby Routines.jpg

There are only other volume settings, which is ridiculous. When I open this screen and hit the volume down and change it manually that way it's only changing the current volume. I don't think it's actually changing the settings in the routine. This has never been an issue on my S10 before and it is running the same routines and same settings and same update level because I purposely won't update it so that it changes things on me. I am very angry that I never change anything on this phone and it still messes itself up and makes life harder! This alarm is needed for work and it usually doesn't work anymore! Very disappointed in Samsung as this is my first Android phone after 10 years of Apple and never had I alarm issues with them! Will have to get my husband to set the alarm on his iPhone because that always works as it's suppose to. Really regretting my decision to switch. 

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Members_XTpDumk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've been using Tasker to automatically restore my notification volume to where I want it to be every time it gets muted (something I shouldn't have to be doing) and to notify me every time it has to do so. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to when it does it. It happens at least ten times a day at completely random times. This doesn't sound like a Bixby problem.