cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Notification & Customization Restrictions (updated 3/29/20)

Phone Information:

Galaxy S20+ 5G

Model Number: SM-G986U

IMEI: <Hidden>

Software Version: G986USQU1ATBN

Software Version: G986USQU1ATCH

Hardware Version: REV1.0

Update : After updating my phone I noticed that most if not all issues pretaining to issues as mentioned in the 'spoiler' window have been resolved.

Spoiler (Highlight to read)

I contacted Samsung not too long ago having to deal with a similar issue with Bixby’s alarms still going off after everything was disabled/shut off - I had to go into the phones bios via the volume up/down + power button command and clear the cache to fix it with the help of support.

The issue I am having now is that the default clock application that also has a built in alarm clock widget for me keeps going off days after that specific alarm time and day have passed, often waking me up in the early morning when I’m sleeping, this wouldn't be a massive problem if I was still working right now since I use my phone alarm for that too, I can’t have the alarm going off when it’s not supposed to affecting my sleep and overall work performance or have it not go off at all.

Example:

Alarm set for Tuesday at 7am

I wake up and hit the alarm clock icon (not snooze) to turn it off

Days later, I make a new alarm for 11am

The morning of instead of the 11am alarm I was expecting, the Clock app went off at 7am

(I am not using multiple pages on my device with multiple widgets/ different times on each screen if that’s what you’re thinking)

After this happened, the first thing I did was go to the apps and look for the clock app - I wasn’t able to clear the cache but since this issue was also occurring during my initial Bixby problem in which Bixby also kept going off at times that I did not set. But it seems that at the time Bixby had higher permissions, so it was rare for the alarm clock to bug out too, but it did happen. Since I already cleared the cache for that prior issue I told support that clearing the cache probably wouldn't fix my current alarm clock problem.

I contacted Samsung not too long ago having to deal with a similar issue with Bixby’s alarms still going off after everything was disabled/shut off - I had to go into the phones bios via the volume up/down + power button command and clear the cache to fix it with the help of support. The issue I am having now is that the default clock application that also has a built in alarm clock widget for me keeps going off days after that specific alarm time and day have passed, often waking me up in the early morning when I’m sleeping, this wouldn't be a massive problem if I was still working right now since I use my phone alarm for that too, I can’t have the alarm going off when it’s not supposed to affecting my sleep and overall work performance or have it not go off at all. Example:Alarm set for Tuesday at 7amI wake up and hit the alarm clock icon (not snooze) to turn it offDays later, I make a new alarm for 11amThe morning of instead of the 11am alarm I was expecting, the Clock app went off at 7am(I am not using multiple pages on my device with multiple widgets/ different times on each screen if that’s what you’re thinking) After this happened, the first thing I did was go to the apps and look for the clock app - I wasn’t able to clear the cache but since this issue was also occurring during my initial Bixby problem in which Bixby also kept going off at times that I did not set. But it seems that at the time Bixby had higher permissions, so it was rare for the alarm clock to bug out too, but it did happen. Since I already cleared the cache for that prior issue I told support that clearing the cache probably wouldn't fix my current alarm clock problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Notification & Customization Restrictions (updated 3/29/20)

The last available update according to my phone was on 3/24/20 and the phone was updated. I show no additional update for a 3/29/20 update

Highlighted
Asteroid

*sigh* The update is in regards to the day I updated the post not the phone. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Since you've cleared the cache already, have you tested the device in safe mode? There may be a third party app interfering with your alarms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I would but no one has resolved my issue , it resolved itself, not going to credit someone who hasn't done anything. Just flag the post as resolved or delete it.