Since the March 25th update my phone has been making a sound. It's not any of my selected notification sounds. It happens when my phone is not being used, playing a game, watching a video etc. I've turned off the notification reminder, the system notification app sounds and most of my other app notifications.
Solved! Go to Solution.
First, I suggest you try wiping the cache.
This wipes temporarily stored data and allows the device to operate much more smoothly.
To do this:
- Make sure you turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
- After the wipe cache partition is complete, the “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If this doesn't work I suggest going into the settings and resetting all settings to default.
If this is still an issue you may need to backup your data and perform a factory data reset. You can follow the same method as instructed above but instead of "Wipe cache partition" you would select "Factory data reset".
For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
if none of @Zolfur 's great advice seems to help i would suggest checking the settings within your bixby routines, one of my personal routines has my sound turning on and off which gives me a audible notification when it starts and stops.
hope that helps!