Original topic:

Notifications Muted

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 05:38 PM)
userpViC0Q7wq8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
For some reason my messages notification is muted. I can't even hear the tones for different sound options.

0 Likes
3 Replies
jbrrrrd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
This has happened to me, in the past, after I've had my phone on mute/silent. I had to go in and manually turn up my notification volume again. For whatever reason, they'd stay stuck on silent. Alternatively, restarting the phone solved it as well. I'm guessing you already tried that, though.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

could you share your device's model number and software version? also, are you using the stock samsung messages app?

Could you share a little more detail on how or when it started to happen? is it after an update or randomly after you muted your device for a while?

For less effort requiring option of solution, you could report an error to the Samsung Members app after reproducing the issue (not hearing any notification sound after receiving a txt/msg)... it would also be helpful to take a screen recording with the system sound included. 

Or you could take it to UBreakIFix repair center, but I think they deal more towards hardware related stuff... not sure how deep into the software repairs they handle.

0 Likes
Lulu1116
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Sounds like your notifications were set to silent. Press and hold the notification... it should bring up a kind of notification settings screen. This is where you can choose whether or not you want a particular notification to be silenced or not. Also where you can block notifications and all that good stuff.
0 Likes