Original topic:

Notifications muting media volume - S20 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 06:17 PM)
Oniani
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey all,

My S20 Ultra has recently started behaving somewhat strangely. A few days ago I noticed that whenever a notification arrived, my media volume would momentarily drop to 0 before immediately returning to the previous level. This happens on all volume modes, including Vibrate and Silent. I tried restarting, checking for new software updates, changing every remotely relevant setting I could find in both the phone's settings app and the messaging + media apps themselves. Nothing worked. At some point, I tried to enable Do Not Disturb to see if that fixed the issue, but instead I discovered something else. For the first time ever, DND also disabled (completely muted) my media volume, too. This has never happened before on any of my Samsung phones. It essentially disables me from listening to, or watching anything without interruptions.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? If so, what did you do to resolve it?

Some additional info: 

Model: G988U1

OneUI/Android version: 4.1/12

This is not immediately following a software update. The last update I installed was about 3 weeks ago.

Thank you in advance,

Oniani:D

5 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

do you have any Bixby routines running? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue and get feedback
Samsung Members app - Get help - Send feedback - Error reports

0 Likes
SidAppear
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This service provided by the Mayans favorite notice of affection or an opportunity to Claim; as the owner/operator of that Media:Sound Block, that chick posted about
0 Likes
SidAppear
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Somebody's listening in..it happens to me a lot with or without head phones
0 Likes
SidAppear
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
What do you think it is? Something in the Air