JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Nova Launcher Issues after Android 11 One UI 3.0 Update

(Topic created: 01-12-2021 09:30 AM)
Options
Galaxy S20

There seems to be an issue with Samsung One UI 2.5 and 3.0 where it is force closing 3rd party launchers like Nova Launcher and it's causing them to be removed as the default. This needs to be fixed by Samsung development. Happening on S10 and S20 with Nova Launcher. Nova Support confirmed it's a Samsung problem. Other issues include pressing home button to go to main screen not working, when tap and close all in the recent app switcher menu it goes to the one UI launcher instead of Nova launcher.

Model: SM-G981U1

Baseband: G981U1UES1CTL5

14 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Seriously, what is a launcher, and what is it used for?
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Here is an example. I've played with the Microsoft Launcher Beta. It's been good so far and no issues like that of OP.

clipboard_image_1610472586780.jpg

0 Likes
moochman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an S20 with Android 11 and don't have any issues with Nova Launcher. Maybe uninstall and reinstall? You can do a backup first in Nova Launcher settings so you don't lose any personalization when you reinstall.
Options
Galaxy S20

Have done that as well as factory resetting the phone. I should note I am using US Unlocked Factory Model. Reached out to Nova Support and they said it's a known Samsung problem.

TawnyAnn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having an issue with Google When I say OK Google it only vibrates Doesn't make the sound. How do I fix it?
0 Likes
sharpsounds
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here with both ap15 launcher and square home launcher by CHyK. 

Samsung needs to fix this. It's very annoying

Options
Galaxy S20

i have no issue on both oneui 3.0 and 3.1
is your launcher set as default?

0 Likes
Jaexyr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Happens with my S21 Ultra too. Extremely frustrating. I want to be in control of my phone with the features I want. Otherwise I'd buy a stupid apple phone. I'm ready to switch to OnePlus