JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Nova Launcher Issues after Android 11 One UI 3.0 Update

(Topic created: 03-03-2021 01:37 PM)
Options
Galaxy S20

There seems to be an issue with Samsung One UI 2.5 and 3.0 where it is force closing 3rd party launchers like Nova Launcher and it's causing them to be removed as the default. This needs to be fixed by Samsung development. Happening on S10 and S20 with Nova Launcher. Nova Support confirmed it's a Samsung problem. Other issues include pressing home button to go to main screen not working, when tap and close all in the recent app switcher menu it goes to the one UI launcher instead of Nova launcher.

Model: SM-G981U1

Baseband: G981U1UES1CTL5

14 Replies
uservLFBZaUZjU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a similar issue with button navigation. Hitting the recent button twice whilst on the home screen to go back the the last app. Takes me to a recents page which is transparent and no recent apps shown. If you look closely you can barel make out the search bar on the recent app page.

Screenshot_20210303-200857_One UI Home.jpg

 

 

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

hmm not happening on my phone. try report it on samsung members app

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Also happening on S21.
Solution
userUMtcSNlrPo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have come up with the issue and a complete solution as well.

I faced the problem when I updated my Galaxy Tab S6 to ONE UI 3.1. First thing I did after the restart was to find Nova Launcher but it was not there. So I tried installing it from Play Store. Could not Install. Then from APK file, same Results. App could not be installed.

Here is the reason of the problem. I believe that When we update our devices on which Nova Launcher was already installed before Update, it gets hidden by the UI. So it appears like it is not there, like a ghost. 

Solution to the issue is that, first go to Settings >> Apps. Find Nova Launcher. It will be there. Uninstall this. Then reinstall from your desired source and it so be working perfectly, just as always.

Let me know if this works for you.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes