Original topic:

On a call screen goes black as it should but stays black

(Topic created: 10-26-2021 09:59 AM)
userWFUgefEyj9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 FE.  I take an incoming call and place the phone to my ear and the screen goes black as it should however after a call when I take the phone away from my face it stays black until I press the side key.  I refuse to play games with Samsung about this issue and unless I get a guaranteed fix in the next couple of days I will return it and buy something else.  From all the reports I've read the proximity sensor in this phone is the problem.  Well Samsung, fix my $950 phone or get it back.

0 Likes
1 Reply
userWFUgefEyj9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

UPDATE!

I replaced this phone with another and it has the same issue.  This virtual proximity sensor is a BAD idea!  People who own other manufacturers phones with the same technology are having issues as well.  The screen goes black as it should when you have it against your face but if your call is any more than a few minutes when you take it from your face it remains black until you press the side key.  If you then place it against your face again it stays lit up and unintentional actions result.  Shame on Samsung for selling phones with faulty software.

0 Likes