cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

On-call speaker sounds like it comes from the back of the phone

when I'm on a call it sounds like the caller is coming out of the back of the phones microphone and not the one at the front. I can actually hear better turning the phone around. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: On-call speaker sounds like it comes from the back of the phone

Do you experience this with all phone calls or just some? Are you using the stock phone app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

This is happening on my phone to, all calls, not using apps to call

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience this symptom while your device is in safe mode? You can get into safe mode by doing the following.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart and emergency mode appear.

On the screen press and hold the power off option until it changes t safe mode

Select safe mode and the phone will reboot into safe mode. 

Test your symptoms while in safe mode. You can get out of safe mode by restarting your device. 

Let me know how it works for you!

Astronaut

Have the same issue with my phone. Can hardly hear calls unless putting on speaker call. Sound is coming from back of the phone but still very low even with all sound settings set to top level. Still does it in safe mode. Any fix for this i have tried everything?

@SamsungMoon wrote:

Do you experience this symptom while your device is in safe mode? You can get into safe mode by doing the following.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart and emergency mode appear.

On the screen press and hold the power off option until it changes t safe mode

Select safe mode and the phone will reboot into safe mode. 

Test your symptoms while in safe mode. You can get out of safe mode by restarting your device. 

Let me know how it works for you!

Astronaut

Did you get a fix? my phone doing exactly the same, have to hold phone back to front to hear phone call