Original topic:

One UI 3.0 Gallery Bug with Dualapp

(Topic created on: 1/8/21 2:12 AM)
NonMisleadingName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I think I found a bug with the gallery not refreshing dualapp associated folder. "Normal" Facebook photo folder updates instantly, and recent photo shows up when sharing, but not photos saved from Dualapp Facebook.  I can go into file browser and see that the photo is there, and even open it and choose gallery app to view, but it still doesn't show up in gallery.  Worked fine before the update. I've done all the "try this" stuff. I think it's just a bug that needs fixing, so hand a check if it happens to you and report it so they can fix it.  Let me know if you come across a fix. I've done the following-

-Disabled grouping 
-Show hidden files
-Made sure there was no .nomedia file
-Cleared cache in recovery mode
-Repaired apps in recovery mode
-Cleared gallery cache and data
-Factory reset
-Switched accounts between Normal and dualapp accounts (the problem stayed with whatever account was under dualapp)

If you come up with anything else let me know! :)
20 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

what is dualapp facebook? 

where can you download it? can you give me the link to app?

try using facebook in secure folder. i think it is similar to dual app. you can log in to another account using facebook in secure, but photo saved in secure folder only saves to gallery in secure folder.

but you can move images between normal gallery app and gallery app from secure folder.

0 Likes
NonMisleadingName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
dual messenger feature. It's built in to the phone in settings. just type "dual messenger" into the search in settings. All it does is install another copy of compatible apps that you can log into another account with separately. For example, one "friends and family" Facebook profile, and one "professional networking" profile.
0 Likes
DHawk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having same issue. it was driving me crazy wondering what was happening. I'm also having a similar issue with Bitmoji.
QIAN403
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue. 

For the photos/videos I received from the Dual App, if I click "save/download",  it will be saved somewhere but I am not able to find it in File Manager or Gallary.  I can see the photos from the Dual App but not from the primary App. 
In my memory, in Android 10/Oneui 2.5. the photos/videos on Dual App are saved to the same folder as the primary App. 

Also, the 2nd App can NOT access SD card. 

Please fix. Thank you!

QIAN403
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi Mate:

When you say "I can go into file browser and see that the photo is there, and even open it and choose the gallery app to view, but it still doesn't show up in the gallery. "

For me, if the 2nd App saves any photo/videos, I am not able to find it from the Gallery and File manager.  I cannot see the photo/videos from the primary App either.  I only can view the photo/videos from the 2nd App.

Would you please let me know which folder you can see the photos downloaded by the 2nd App?  Thanks. 

NonMisleadingName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The regular file browser. "DualApp" is its own folder ar top level. and within that folder you should see the folders like DCIM where for example Facebook will create it's own folder for saved media as if it were the normal top level DCIM. You can copy/move files from there into the primary folders and they'll populate in gallery as usual.
QIAN403
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you, Bro. However, it doesn't work for me.   Have you updated your Oneui to 3.0 or 3.1, or just remain in 2.5?

On Oneui 2.5, it works all good. But after an update to 3.0.  No good.

0 Likes
NonMisleadingName
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same. Started on 3.0, and 3.1 didn't fix it. Are you saying you don't even. have a DuallApp folder?
0 Likes
QIAN403
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

In 3.0, no Dual App folder. 

I googled and saw in Android 11, Samsung created a folder named emulated/95 for the dual app ( the primary folder is emulated/0 ).  and the "95" folder is a hidden folder and so far I tried a few FileManager Apps, none can even find that folder. 

0 Likes