Original topic:

One UI 3.0 Update Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12/22/20 7:13 PM)
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I updated on 12/13/2020 witch took 3 hours and literally could not use my phone at all during it, it ran really really slow. 
After the update all and I mean all settings was revered to factory. It was as though the phone was right out of the box. Very irritating for sure. Then I noticed this morning (12/14) after changing all my settings back they so kindly revered right back to factory. 
My keyboard will not stay normal size it keeps shrinking it's self back to tiny when I close it out. Like I don't have that tiny of fingers for this keyboard, it will not allow for swiping, autocorrect does not work anymore, my saved words are gone. Auto cap does not work anymore. 
The Wifi and mobile data is so frickin slow now that I can't not even pull up Google home page, using Chrome, Google Go, nor Samsung Internet. I have cleared cache, cleared my google history, samsung history. Updated all apps. And frickin no change. 
The phone it's self seems to be lagging so bad that it takes twice as long as it used to or should. 
The absolute best issue... If I am doing something on my phone and the screen shuts off randomly as it constantly does. Whatever I was doing is frickin poof gone. I have attempted to type this comment 5 times and have had to start over 4 times. And finally able to get it completely typed.
This is what I have done this far to fix the issues.
1) I had to go into the App Setting and turn back off every single apps background data, and battery background use. 
2) Cleared all apps cache via settings
3) Rebooted phone a few times
4) Updated all apps, well ones that could be
5) Uninstalled all apps that are not 3.0 friendly
6) Fixed apps that removed themselves from sleeping and deep sleeping and put them back
7) Forgot all WiFi Connections 
8) Rested Developer Options for the Animation form 1x to 0.5x

My next step will be rebooting into the system settings and clearing the system cache and if that does not work I will be performing a complete factory reset on the phone. And if that does not work I will be calling US Cellular. 
BTW storage is not an issue as I have a 256G card in my phone as well as the 128G on board in storage. I have everything possible saved to my SD Card, and on my Google 1, Amazon Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Samsung Cloud. 
This phone is supposed to be the best of best in phones and I honestly have yet since I got it in June been that impressed with it. Other than my Note8 had a totally shattered screen with multi colored lines. However,now this one completely shattered camera and back screen for no reason. With the same case on it since day one... 
UPDATE 12/22/2020
 Today I finally was able to post my issues. And now I have even more. 
1)My Gboard and even Samsung Keyboard keep crashing
2) Google Chrome & Samsung Internet keep crashing
3) Phone it's self keeps freezing & screen will not respond
4) Phone will randomly reboot even if Im using it.
5) Phone kept feeling like it was getting warm to the touch, then noticed that my back glass and back camera lenses have successfully shattered.
So yeah evidently setting on the table charging and not being used the phone got hot enough it shattered the glasses. How wonderful of a 1500 phone that is 6 months old. 
Guess it's time to just get on the phone with USC for hours fighting with them to get a new phone, this is rediculous.
This update has cost our business a loss in money due to it not functioning as it should and missing calls, disconnecting calls with clients, etc. I am beyond upset... 
15 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Can you, and do you, know how to manually reboot to recovery and boot to safe mode? With the heating up and shattered camera stuff as well as the excessively long up date time, leads me to believe it's a problem with the system itself and should be covered under the factory warranty. Doing this would just about confirm that is one, and definitely if it wasn't so I can help you fix that problem so you don't have to call the carrier just yet. Pretty simple if you don't know how, I can tell you.
0 Likes
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, I do know how to go into safe mode. After my original post this morning. I ended up getting so many pop ups for apps stopping and then stated getting UI one 3.0 stopped responding. That it literally shut down my phone. when it finally rebooted, I powered off and went into safe mode, ran sorda fine very very slow for about 5 minutes. phone was just setting on the counter and pop ups like crazy telling me UI One 3.0 has stopped working, I would no more get done reporting it and another one would pop up. I seriously sat here for a good 5 minutes doing nothing but clicking the report button because UI One 3.0 Stopped Responding. I finally just force rebooted the phone to make it stop. But when it finally rebooted, I get an error right off the bat telling me that my phone failed to respond. like seriously, it worked totally fine until this update... Just Grr
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

you should try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung Members App is how I posted this to start with. And every time I get an error message I have reported it. And I will keep reporting it.
0 Likes
Airis
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I was also having problems with my s20+ after this update SMH I couldn't download themes. my blue tooth wouldn't pair. my contacts also magically erased and they weren't in my Google drive either. my internet was slow. notifications were popping up outa nowhere for nothing. before the update everything was PERFECT. but I had to do a factory reset and it did fix all my issues. luckily. I swear I would have thrown this phone against the wall if it would have kept on. lol I hope you are able to get you another phone under warranty.
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you Airis. Yes, I too most definitely am beyond ready to throw this phone in the pasture and let the cattle play with it.. lol.. My phone worked as it was supposed to before the update..
I now have another new issue that is evolving and getting worse, so yep suppose I will get on the phone in the morning with USC and see what they are not going to do about it rediculous phone....
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
can you re-download the last update?
0 Likes
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
No, not without flashing the phone.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
no force factory reset? 3hrs leads me to believe it timed out, continued to download but after everything it couldn't accept it correctly.
0 Likes