Original topic:

One UI 3.0 Update Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12/22/20 7:48 AM)
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I updated on 12/13/2020 witch took 3 hours and literally could not use my phone at all during it, it ran really really slow. 
After the update all and I mean all settings was revered to factory. It was as though the phone was right out of the box. Very irritating for sure. Then I noticed this morning (12/14) after changing all my settings back they so kindly revered right back to factory. 
My keyboard will not stay normal size it keeps shrinking it's self back to tiny when I close it out. Like I don't have that tiny of fingers for this keyboard, it will not allow for swiping, autocorrect does not work anymore, my saved words are gone. Auto cap does not work anymore. 
The Wifi and mobile data is so frickin slow now that I can't not even pull up Google home page, using Chrome, Google Go, nor Samsung Internet. I have cleared cache, cleared my google history, samsung history. Updated all apps. And frickin no change. 
The phone it's self seems to be lagging so bad that it takes twice as long as it used to or should. 
The absolute best issue... If I am doing something on my phone and the screen shuts off randomly as it constantly does. Whatever I was doing is frickin poof gone. I have attempted to type this comment 5 times and have had to start over 4 times. And finally able to get it completely typed.
This is what I have done this far to fix the issues.
1) I had to go into the App Setting and turn back off every single apps background data, and battery background use. 
2) Cleared all apps cache via settings
3) Rebooted phone a few times
4) Updated all apps, well ones that could be
5) Uninstalled all apps that are not 3.0 friendly
6) Fixed apps that removed themselves from sleeping and deep sleeping and put them back
7) Forgot all WiFi Connections 
8) Rested Developer Options for the Animation form 1x to 0.5x

My next step will be rebooting into the system settings and clearing the system cache and if that does not work I will be performing a complete factory reset on the phone. And if that does not work I will be calling US Cellular. 
BTW storage is not an issue as I have a 256G card in my phone as well as the 128G on board in storage. I have everything possible saved to my SD Card, and on my Google 1, Amazon Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Samsung Cloud. 
This phone is supposed to be the best of best in phones and I honestly have yet since I got it in June been that impressed with it. Other than my Note8 had a totally shattered screen with multi colored lines. However,now this one completely shattered camera and back screen for no reason. With the same case on it since day one... 
UPDATE 12/22/2020
 Today I finally was able to post my issues. And now I have even more. 
1)My Gboard and even Samsung Keyboard keep crashing
2) Google Chrome & Samsung Internet keep crashing
3) Phone it's self keeps freezing & screen will not respond
4) Phone will randomly reboot even if Im using it.
5) Phone kept feeling like it was getting warm to the touch, then noticed that my back glass and back camera lenses have successfully shattered.
So yeah evidently setting on the table charging and not being used the phone got hot enough it shattered the glasses. How wonderful of a 1500 phone that is 6 months old. 
Guess it's time to just get on the phone with USC for hours fighting with them to get a new phone, this is rediculous.
This update has cost our business a loss in money due to it not functioning as it should and missing calls, disconnecting calls with clients, etc. I am beyond upset... 
15 Replies
userMhW0j2zhwb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
My One UI home keeps stopping. I have sent many error reports. I can't access any of my apps other than through voice command
0 Likes
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine too, along now with enough issues that my carrier told me to contact Samsung. However, trying to get them to answer the phone, or get a human on the chat support is absolutely impossible. Been trying for 2 days now to get ahold of Samsung and of course nothing but telling me to click a link that guess what does not work. I am beyond fed up with this...
0 Likes
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
And as I figured, I called USC and they ponded me off on Samsung. after 3 days of trying to get someone they tell me it's USC deal or file an insurance claim. insurance says since phone is still under manufactuers warranty that it will cost 99 bucks plus all applicable fees. So yeah just as usual, now back to deal with USC.. This is beyond rediculous
0 Likes
usermMhmsr6pNO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Having the same issue system ui was just crashing throughout the next day, then controller stopped working for CODM, now can't copy and paste any thing if I try app will close, can't open Gmail, chrome, chrome beta, my banking app, Bible, Internet they all crash, when I try to report the crash, the app meant for that crashes. Cleared cache n all still ain't working had to get an extra phone. Phones completely useless 

0 Likes
KandieWood
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
yep, same boat. Samsung sent me a box to send my phone to Texas to"get fixed" and that translates to pay phone bill and payment on phone for who only knows how long till they send me the same broken phone back and say sorry about your luck, deal with a broken worthless phone. Not to mention I will not have any type of communication device that they require you to have because they will have it, as I told them, not sure what exactly you expect me to do about that, I can't just go shell out 1200 bucks for another phone. Not to mention what I do everyday could be and can be very dangerous. Just because I have a loud mouth does not mean someone can hear me yelling on a 300 acre ranch..
So now we shall see what Samsung ends up not doing...
0 Likes
usernhtQUrtuNF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have got s20 plus and always thought it would be possible to install on it custom nougat, yup I wanted to go backward at first but then found out I can't I can just go up ! . And so I thought newer better well my s7 edge which I still have boots way faster than my s20 plus. When in idle my s7 edge cpu usage stays at 0 or 1 percent. While my s20 plus on stock android 11 uses 5 to 10 percent of the cpu in iddle.

You did the same mistake I did don't upgrade to 11 rather stick with 10. Newer rom from Samsung means more crapware more telemetry Spying control and difficulty of removing apps you may not want..and after you do upgrade you won't be able to go back to earlier version

Since I bought my first Samsung I have always used SwiftKey keyboard way better than gboard or sboard

As to chrome I use bromite and kiwi, try it and see the speed difference bettwen Chrome and bromite and kiwi.

If I was you I would learn how to install custom recovery and rom for your phone that's what I did. And that's the only way of making my phone work and be able to have at least some control over it .

I do use my phone for banking and shopping a lot. Imagine for many years used my s7 edge custom rom on it custom recovery no Google crapware no Samsung crapware and never ever had one security issue.

The same goes for my Windows 10. No defender no firewall no antivirus as I removed all packages I didn't want before installing windows on my pc and guess what ?Never ever had any trojan any virus or any security issue.

To average phone, pc, users the only security, privacy and virus threat are posing companies like Samsung Apple Microsoft.

S20 plus is the last phone I have bought. Next one will be something else not sure what yet. 

0 Likes