Original topic:

One UI 3.0

(Topic created: 12-12-2020 10:44 AM)
GalaxyGuardian20
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an unlocked by samsung s20 ultra 5g but I have not received an update for the one UI 3.0 which was supposedly released publicly. I have checked for updates in my system settings but no luck. I'm in the united states by the way. Any tips? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Only carrier locked phones are getting the update now. Unlocked phones should get it soon.

View solution in context

14 Replies
Solution
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Only carrier locked phones are getting the update now. Unlocked phones should get it soon.

View solution in context

GalaxyGuardian20
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
I feel like it should be the other way around, but it is what it is lol.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Felt just the same, especially for users that basically gave their phones up for beta testing and are still dealing with all kinds of crashes and instabilities with their phones. Some carrier locked phones didn't participate in the beta program but got stable update while unlocked/beta testers have to wait until next month.
Kingu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
im waiting for it too and checking every hour lmao but there is no luck for s20 ultra unlocked
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
How will we be notified--by icon, notification, carrier pigeon, etc when it is ready for download?
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
lol. Yep, you will get notified by carrier pigeon. Worked in the past so should work just fine now. Seriously though, you will know through checking for update or notice when pushed to your phone as long as you have auto update download checked.
Taskmaster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
that is nonsense, unlocked models should certainly get their updates first due to it being directly from Samsung. im on sprint and still waiting for my update unfortunately.
GalaxyGuardian20
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
exactly, but sometimes things are that way lol. as long as we get the update I'll be more than happy. sooner or later we'll get it
0 Likes
ts937kn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I wonder if it is because all the carrier versions need to come out as they have no idea what carrier you will be on? has to work with all of them.