JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI 3.1 update not available.

(Topic created: 03-18-2021 02:41 PM)
MahmoodSyed
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a samsung S20 and I have not yet received the one ui 3.1 update yet, while even s10/note 10 devices have already received it. I also had a similar issue with the android 11 update. Could this be a problem with my device of not getting updates and how do I fix it ?
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
your not the only one I have the note 10 plus and yet I haven't received any updates that regards with one ui 3.1
0 Likes
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
I would contact your carrier & ask
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
This isn't necessarily a carrier issue. I am having the same issue with an unlocked Note 10÷.
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
But from experience neither Samsung or your carrier (well atleast mine) was helpful just blamed each other. Thus why I suggest what I did, just maybe yours would be different.

A possible fix download Smart Switch to your PC, then attach your phone & Smart Switch would check for updates
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I've tried the smart switch thing and never been able to get a software update. if the S21 has all the updated firmware/software that we are waiting for and that phone works then there is no reason why the s20 should not work either. so they need to push the update ASAP. most update don't even have to do with a carrier connection. it's usually other software that works offline or doesn't affect whether you are connected to data or not
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

If you have any further questions or concerns about Updates on your device, you will need to contact your service provider.