JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

OneUI update broke BUTTON_MODE on controllers

(Topic created on: 9/1/20 7:11 AM)
SuttonX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Latest OneUI update for S20+ has broken the BUTTON_MODE input on controllers. It now incorrectly calls on Android's HOME command.

Controller .kl files are correct, it's a system level issue. Worked correctly before OneUI update.

For example: before OneUI update, pressing the PS button on the DualShock4 controller while using PlayStation Remote Play app would pass the BUTTON_MODE input to the remote play app and open my PlayStation dashboard in the app (intended behavior). After the last OneUI update, if I press that button on my controller it will now yank me entirely out of the app to phone's home screen.

Again, I checked the controller's .kl file in the root system directory and it still correctly shows BUTTON_MODE for button 316.

Happens with other controllers as well, like the Razer Kishi which is directly connected via USB-C. Never had this issue before last OneUI update.

Please roll this back to the previous functionality.  When using a controller we want the controller to pass the inputs to whatever we are using at the time, we do not need or want it to perform phone system functions.  All buttons are required to pass the input when using Playstation, Xbox, or Stadia remote play services.  I don't want ANY buttons to control my phone functions.  At least give us a section in the settings to toggle these things if you aren't going to remove it.

Also - please don't reply to me with a bunch of generic "solutions" from a script.  I am an IT professional and dabble in coding as well.  The issue persists on multiple controllers, as I've stated, and I checked the .kl files for each in the system folders.  Yes, I have restarted my phone.  Yes, I have restarted the controllers.  Yes, I have unpaired and repaired any bluetooth controllers.  Yes, the firmware on all my controllers is up to date.  Yes, my phone is up to date with latest updates.  The issue is with system coding and only began after the last OneUI update.  It worked exactly as intended directly before the update and stopped working as intended immediately after the update.  Just forward this to your dev team please.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
Solution
SuttonX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

The Razer Kishi is working as intended for me now in Android 11 / OneUI 3 (aside from Accessibility Services blocking input - workaround for that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/comments/kb8mzw/accessibility_services_block_controllers_andr...).

I haven't tried any other controller as I sold my PS4 lol so right now the handheld Kishi controller is all I have

View solution in context

Castsilfredo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
razer koshi joystick wont work every other button work perfectly but driectional pad and joy stick pls help
0 Likes
Darkthefox
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Can anyone confirm if this is fixed with Kishi on the s10+ after todays update? My home button is still not working properly.