Original topic:

Option to hide the black dot for the camera on the S20 FE has been removed

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 5:11 AM)
userDRddsvAPEL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

When i received the phone a few days ago, the top black Camera selfie dot was hidden. After the numerous updates were through, the black dot is stuck there and there are no options to remove it. I saw a port under Developer options which vaguely referred to Developer Options. The only thing I can find is 

Simulate display with cutout

All of the options available do not disable/hide/smooth over the dot as it previously was before the update, they just create a useless or bigger cutout. Anyone has any other ideas?

9 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

i heard they are going to add this feature on good lock but i dont see it yet. this was an answer by samsung from samsung members app.

try report it on samsung members app.

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
its on my Good Lock now
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
thats it, last one at the bottom

clipboard_image_1614967004433.jpg

0 Likes
userDRddsvAPEL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am kind of fuzzy on this. What is Multistar/Good lock? Something I need to install? Is there a link?

0 Likes
userDRddsvAPEL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got Good Lock from the Samsung store and even if you pick an app and tell it to overlap it does nothing. I do not even understand why this would not be the default behavior instead of having to define it app to app.

ChaosSaber
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
has to be set on not overlap
0 Likes
userDRddsvAPEL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

All this does is shrink the application. It does not resolve the issue whatsoever, it's just a bandaid. This was working correctly prior to Android 11 and now it is not.

0 Likes
userDRddsvAPEL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This was a feature prior to the latest updates. Why was it removed?

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
To make people mad I guess
0 Likes