JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to set ringtones for specific people is not available in the menu

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 12:50 AM)
starsetmoonrise
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I want to set different ringtones for specific people but I can't access the menu to change it. I've watched over a dozen videos and read 30something articles and they all reference a view more button in the contact menu but I don't have that button. In the edit contact menu all I have is name phone # and email, at the bottom of my screen it just says cancel and save. Can anyone tell me how to solve this please? I am on a US galaxy s20 ultra.

30 Replies
BeachBum21
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I use the app ZEDGE for all my sounds etc
Choose a ringtone, download. On my S21 a menu pops up and the option Set as Contact Ringtone is listed.
Tap that option, select the contact you want and that's it.
What can be confusing is after setting the contact ringtone the options Pops back up, just exit or back out.
hope this made sense
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah I miss being able to simply choose a contact, click edit, then choose a ringtone you want to use for that contact. I don't know why companies insist on making things more difficult. If you figure out how please let me know.
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Read my post below and look at the pic. I have alot of contacts with customs ring tones and we'll as text tone which can be different than their ringtone
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the View More option but there's no option to set a custom ringtone. I can set a custom vibration pattern but no ringtone.
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Ill do a screen record so it will show you step by step how
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
@Diaboyos Can you email me and ill send the video i took for you. I cant figure out it i can put it on here. Let me know
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey. Upload it to catbox and post the link. Thx.
https://catbox.moe/
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the same phone and I can do it. I have a ring tone set for my husband and then a different ring tone for when he texts
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
When you click on contact and then hit edit, does it look like the pic and have a view more. You can also have custom vibrate pattern for contacts tooScreenshot_20210609-034532_Contacts.jpg
0 Likes