JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to set ringtones for specific people is not available in the menu

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 02:38 AM)
starsetmoonrise
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I want to set different ringtones for specific people but I can't access the menu to change it. I've watched over a dozen videos and read 30something articles and they all reference a view more button in the contact menu but I don't have that button. In the edit contact menu all I have is name phone # and email, at the bottom of my screen it just says cancel and save. Can anyone tell me how to solve this please? I am on a US galaxy s20 ultra.

starsetmoonrise
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
No as I said in the original post, I don't have the view more button.
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Hmmm and your phone has most recent update?? Just weird that you and some others have that problem and others have the view more. If you go to a text from a contact and hit the 3 dots at the top do you have an option for notifications sound Screenshot_20210609-035945_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
starsetmoonrise
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've had this phone since launch week and no version of One UI has had the view more button for me. But I didn't know about the notification sound thing in the text app so thanks for showing me cause I do have that.
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Your welcome and that is so weird with the no view more button but you have the notification sound one
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Ringtone isn't there but vibration pattern is.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
No ringtone option. We must be on different updates. Screenshot_20210609-133010_Contacts_1_17041.jpg
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Allowing storage permission where the ringtone option should be does nothing
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Hmmm thats weird, because you have the vibrate. Im gonna keep lookin and hopefully ill get it figured out for ya
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
That's my version I have. Not sure if clearin data and cache, and then doin force stop and maybe restartin your phone idk lol tryin to think of everythin. I would be goin crazy if i did have mine Screenshot_20210609-143857_Contacts.jpg
0 Likes