JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Option to set ringtones for specific people is not available in the menu

(Topic created: 05-01-2021 01:42 AM)
starsetmoonrise
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I want to set different ringtones for specific people but I can't access the menu to change it. I've watched over a dozen videos and read 30something articles and they all reference a view more button in the contact menu but I don't have that button. In the edit contact menu all I have is name phone # and email, at the bottom of my screen it just says cancel and save. Can anyone tell me how to solve this please? I am on a US galaxy s20 ultra.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
It obviously wants permission to access my files to access a ringtone but when I allow access it still just requests access. Not that big of a deal for me though.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah that's the same version I have.
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thats still weird though, that they vibrate pattern is there and then for the texts. Im sorry I could figure it out. Ill still try to figure out ideas that might work
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Does ur permission look like that with storage?? I have one other idea. Do you know how to get into the developer mode??clipboard_image_1623265349475.jpg
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Here's mine. SmartSelect_20210609-154451_Permission controller_17087.jpg
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
This is so crazy, I didnt know if you knew how to get in devloper mode cause it might be in there where it can be fix
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah dev mode is already enabled. What did you have in mind?
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
If you wanted to just got through it seems maybe somethin there with bout contacts and ringtones/music/media
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Where about?
0 Likes
MrsBodie2019
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Im tryin to think, honestly, if it was me I would start at the top and say somwthin is turned off, i would turn it on then go to the contacts and see, of it didnt work jist got down the whole line like that. Lol but thats me. Ive been messin around with my phone all day snd I doin a factory rest later. Hey thats is somerhin you could try to
0 Likes