Original topic:

PC file transfers via USB no longer working

(Topic created: 07-20-2022 02:21 PM)
userN8YWyvNYZP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I used to be able to connect my S20 to my PC via USB using a USB-C to USB-A cable and was able to transfer files. Now nothing happens. Even the charging sometimes is twitchy, meaning the circular charging symbol keeps flashing on and off. I suspected it was the cable but the cable works fine on another phone to the same PC. I then used a new cable and still having the same problem. I tried other suggestions, such as turning on debug mode, etc.. but nothing worked. I suspect the port on the phone itself is faulty. So, unless I've missed something I'll have to replace the charging port/interface card inside the phone. Is this a common issue?

5 Replies
Members_Yz2F1jK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the exact same problem with my A51. It was working fine until a few months ago. I have tried 3 different cords on my PC and for Android Auto. I get the weird intermittent charging situation in my car where the phone charges on a few seconds then off a few seconds. On the PC the phone gives me an error message that the charging power is low.

In the car Android Auto does not recognize that any phone is attached. It has no problem recognizing my wife’s phone. I attempted this with two different cords with the same result.

On the PC windows pops up an error message saying that the attached usb drive is corrupted.

Any advice?    TIA

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, I understand your concerns on wanting to transfer your files via USB and I will be more than happy to take a look at this with you. you can use a USB cable or Link to Windows to quickly send files from your Galaxy phone to your Windows 10 PC. Please note the available features and menu options may vary by software version, region, and device model. The phone screen function may not work on devices managed by your workplace.

I am including a link to a guide with information on how to share files through a USB cable or share your files through link to Windows.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087324/

Here is an additional link to a guide to assist you with your USB cable: 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001516/

0 Likes
Members_Yz2F1jK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you Samsung Moderator.  I have tried to collect similar problems like this one into a single thread. It is entitled "Android 12 Phone Not Connecting to Android Auto or to PC". Please read that thread and help us out.

Thank You

Tad

0 Likes
Members_Yz2F1jK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Got an update to Android 12 yesterday that fixed all of my problems. I hope that it works for you too.

0 Likes
userN8YWyvNYZP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes apparently the update fixed it. It's a mystery why the problem existed for so long, so I'm not so sure the update did fix it. Time will tell if the problem returns. I still suspect its the USB C port because my Samsung earphones still don't work. I cleaned the port earlier but it didn't help. I tried different cables and most of them wouldn't even charge in spite of the fact they were proper cables. Either they were no good or the port has still an issue. To verify it's not the port I will buy another set of earphones.

0 Likes