JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

PS4 Controller not working since android 11 update on S20

(Topic created: 12-24-2020 11:31 AM)
FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

As is stated in title, since my S20 updated to android 11 I can no longer use my PS4 controller in CoD mobile. Very frustrating. Please fix.

158 Replies
AlucardBz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've used my controller on other games. CODM I only see the mouse cursor and can select anything with it. I'm bummed i use a HDMI cable connected to phone to play on my 46in tv. is there any issues with other wireless controllers?
0 Likes
SixString
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

s20+ , sprint - since update to 11 ps4 controller does not work for codm but works with other games and the ps button no longer return's to home. after reviewing several gamepad testing apps it looks like the phone isn't recognizing that it's an actual ps4 controller and codm is treating it as an unofficial gamepad.

FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
that is an interesting development. thank you much for the input.

so far it looks to be not carrier specific, and is in Activision's hands now.
0 Likes
SixString
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

this has been one of the hardest topics to find any Intel on , the more I try to access this it seems like it's not an Activision issue ,,,, more like Google, Samsung and Sony and all between. research back to 11s beta and pixel users really suffering.

0 Likes
FuzzyAreola
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
it does seem to be an android issue that affected some apps more than others.
usersf8Xb1Sdjc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Still not fixed??..Woman SadI've spoken to android and they said it's Activision. They haven't updated their app for the controller to work on android 11 yet. Seems legit because when you go on support in the app all it has is how to connect controller on android 9 and 10. I can't play using my fingers they sweat alot lol

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Note 20 Ultra, just updated to android 11, now fortnite no longer works with controllers. I tried with an Xbox Series X controller, an Xbox elite series 2 controller, and Moga Android controller Android gave away for note 20 ultra pre-orders and all behaved the same way. I was able to move my joysticks around but no other buttons at all, except 'B' worked function.

Also, Samsung gave people who preordered 3 months of Game Pass to use the new cloud gaming option. I loaded up a controller and tried a couple of those games but nothing worked.

UserNote20U5g
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
that makes sense. my parents button does not return it to the home screen either. seems to me that it may be a android bug more than a codm bug. this is very frustrating. hoping they fix it soon. the new season started and I want to play
Thatlostdog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Got this from Activision CS I reset it and it worked Maybe this will help

Please to navigate to the in-game Settings->Controls->Default( Must be found on the top right corner of the screen)->Select the check box next to controller->Select OK. This must fix the controller
0 Likes
SixString
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
thousands of dollars gladly paid into all of these fine companies and I'd bet part of the farm on those of us who are genuinely affected by this are the ones who drop in the most capital.