Original topic:

Persistent Media Players in Notifications After Update

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 3:46 AM)
Struff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I can't figure out where to shut these off when I'm not listening to anything.

The most recent things I've listened to are always there. When I swipe or long-press to remove, the next one is there waiting to take it's place even after I've Force-stopped the apps. In Settings I can shut off all the Notifications but I don't want to be that extreme, I just want to not see anything when I'm not listening.

And on an unrelated note: this is my first post here since updating and OMG the font is so crazy small that I can't see. Awful
0 Likes
5 Replies
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

i have no problem removing them from notification bar, by sliding to left or right

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

Struff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
thanks. I've done that. I'm in the Members app now (I didn't know there was an outside way to get here). No response from them.

I swipe one and it goes away. Then the previous one takes it's place so I swipe that and it goes away. The next previous one comes back. And so on and so on. So there's always something up there no matter what. I don't want anything up there. It's annoying. Wasted space.

Not to mention the one that goes up there next winds up reopened in the background after I've swiped it away, so I'll get extra annoying notifications from the apps when I don't want them (I don't want to disable the notifications entirely because I like them as long as I am actively using the apps. But after I force kill them, I don't want them)
0 Likes
userpFBrhKrRpB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Having the same issue. Always comes back no matter how many times I swipe it away. Looks like Pixel has a "Hide player when the media session has ended" option that Samsung One UI doesn't...which is annoying. 

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

do you close the app from the recent apps and is the music still in the notification bar?

0 Likes
Belmont8627
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried the settings for the notification panel? The 3 dots in the corner.

clipboard_image_1612461063501_1612461063501.jpg

clipboard_image_1612461305233_1612461305233.jpg

0 Likes