Original topic:

Persistent location icon in status bar after June 1, 2021 security patch

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 03:22 AM)
Andrew_U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Second time after June 1, 2021 patch (obtained at June 10) location icon arises spontaneously in the status bar and disappears only after reboot.  I do not see any running applications  using GPS and I also tried to prohibit location precision enhancements... In the Russian 4pda.to forum I also saw similar complaints. Could you please suggest at least a workaround?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

could you share a screenshot of the status bar?

enter safe mode and see if it's still there

or you can submit an error report via samsung members app if you think it's some kind of issue with location settings (members app > + button > error report) 

0 Likes
Andrew_U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reply.

Sorry, I can't make a screenshot now - icon disappeared  (2nd time) after normal reboot, and I do not know, when I'll see it again. Please wait.

0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

if you see it again and it stays on there, you should submit the error report on samsung members app so they can take a look at it and see what's causing it. 

0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

do you have US variant model?

0 Likes
Andrew_U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

No, I am from Russia. S20 Ultra G5 SM-G988B/DS, SER firmware.

0 Likes
Andrew_U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I got the issue again. Below is a screenshot of the status bar:  All applications, which have access to GPS (only when opened) are closed. If switch off location in the settings, the icon disappears, but if switch setting on, it immediately appears again.

SmartSelect_20210624-113921_Samsung Members.jpg

P.S. I already sent error trough the Samsung Members app (issue 2139775504. logs and screenshot are also sent), but got only useless answer(s) from the robot 😞

Thank you

Andrew

0 Likes