Original topic:

Phone Not connecting to Mobile Network

(Topic created: 06-24-2021 10:31 AM)
Members_Yr6oOVE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey all!

So I recently had a problem in which my phone would not connect to my mobile network entirely (I also am currently having an issue where my phone won't super fast charge despite the settings being on but lets focus on the former)

I took it to Ubreakifix upon reccomendation from a samsung technitian after troubleshooting everything else besides a factory reset. I didn't do this because my phone also refuses to connect to a PC so i can back it up. After 2 days of working on my phone and installing a new USB port, the phone connected to my mobile network BUT still refused to charge with super fast charging. Because of this i had them return my old USB port because i wasn't about to pay $100 for an unfixed issue.

After returning home and my phone reverting back to not connecting to my mobile network i tried something that seemed to work.. for now.

TLDR: Solution 
1) Turn on airplane mode for 30 seconds. Literally wait a minimum of 30 seconds.
2) Power off phone and power it back on
3) Turn off airplane mode 
4) Go to mobile data in settings and turn off the option to automaticly find a network. instead pick a single network.

These steps returned my mobile data access to me, at least for now.  This leads me to believe this entire issue is likely software based and nothing external as i havent done anything extrodanary with my phone. ga

2 Replies
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

have you contacted the carrier? maybe you might need to swap the SIM?

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

0 Likes
Members_Yr6oOVE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought a new sim the same day Ubreakifix failed to solve the problem. My next and final option before sending it to samsung (if I do prior to upgrading) is to factory reset my device which I'll do once I receive my new SD card next week. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue because my computer will recognize my device if it's in RDX mode, but not if it's running normally.

Submitting an error report will do nothing to solve my problem though.