JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone makes rattling sound when shaken

(Topic created: 03-08-2020 10:19 PM)
Samsung_NZXrR5p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else having the issue of when shaking your phone it sounds like something is loose in the camera area?

89 Replies
Weeman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

I just had th3 same issue i randomly shook my phone and Hurd the rattling got me scared i opened the camera app and Shook the phone and no rattle

useroDpcIAg8CN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. Just Google the rattling. Read your comment opened the camera app and no more shaking. But as others mentioned for 1600 plus tax. <edit> 

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@useroDpcIAg8CN 

The price doesn't matter here, it's not defective or broken. There is no reason to shake a phone and listen for rattles. Most people will never even notice it. But even those of us that did, should realize there is nothing wrong with it, there are just large cameras with large moving parts, and when camera is not in use, some of those magnetically stabilized parts can move around a little bit.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
userhEWSp0OAl0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm with you... this is not a small noise... I don't like carrying a baby rattle that cost $1600. 

Honestly.. owned cameras with zoom and OIS but never had a rattle probkem.. understand this is micro camera and may be different and has occurred with other Samsung products.. but this worries me!

userhEWSp0OAl0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Brand new, pre-order S20 Ultra... RATTLE!  This is not a small noise... I don't like carrying a baby rattle that cost $1600. 

Honestly.. owned cameras with zoom and OIS but never had a rattle probkem.. understand this is micro camera and may be different and has occurred with other Samsung products.. but this worries me!

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Guys, it's not the same as other ois systems. The part that turtles is the zoom camera, as its lens are on the rails and move left and right inside the camera housing. It's been discussed already. Completely fine.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userbvwcZSTGCR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've just noticed that when my camera app is open, I can hear faint white noise coming from the actual camera on the phone when I press my ear to it. Its not very loud at all but having paid for this phone I wouldn't want it to get any louder. Do you get this at your end? Is it normal?

Cheers

userbvwcZSTGCR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Further to this, the sound and volume made by the camera when the camera app is open is different depending on which camera mode you use. If you or anyone else could place an ear to the camera with the app open and tell me if they can hear some sound I'd really appreciate it. I only get sound when I open my camera app though.

Cheers!

usercbvsKqPdsr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I just message Samsung and got this response:

Your device supports an Auto Focus function, the Camera module lens unit will be suspended over the image sensor. The auto focus adjusts by moving the lens unit up and down over the image sensor. This helps the Auto Focus speed and accuracy and also reduces battery usage.

The camera module is fitted with a 'Stopper' to limit the lens movement within the camera module - when the lens and stopper touch (by shaking your device) a noise may occur. This is a normal operation of the camera.

So it doesn't rattle when the camera is on. I am not gonna worry about it as everything works just fine. 
userrvTTY1cFXj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Any have this problem and how to fix it