cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Phone Rattles When Shaken?

Brand new, pre-order S20 Ultra... RATTLE!  This is not a small noise... I don't like carrying a baby rattle that cost $1600. 

Honestly.. owned cameras with zoom and OIS but never had a rattle probkem.. understand this is micro camera and may be different and has occurred with other Samsung products.. but this worries me!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Guys, it's not the same as other ois systems. The part that turtles is the zoom camera, as its lens are on the rails and move left and right inside the camera housing. It's been discussed already. Completely fine.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

I've just noticed that when my camera app is open, I can hear faint white noise coming from the actual camera on the phone when I press my ear to it. Its not very loud at all but having paid for this phone I wouldn't want it to get any louder. Do you get this at your end? Is it normal?

Cheers

Highlighted
Constellation

Further to this, the sound and volume made by the camera when the camera app is open is different depending on which camera mode you use. If you or anyone else could place an ear to the camera with the app open and tell me if they can hear some sound I'd really appreciate it. I only get sound when I open my camera app though.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Constellation

I just message Samsung and got this response:

Your device supports an Auto Focus function, the Camera module lens unit will be suspended over the image sensor. The auto focus adjusts by moving the lens unit up and down over the image sensor. This helps the Auto Focus speed and accuracy and also reduces battery usage.

The camera module is fitted with a 'Stopper' to limit the lens movement within the camera module - when the lens and stopper touch (by shaking your device) a noise may occur. This is a normal operation of the camera.

So it doesn't rattle when the camera is on. I am not gonna worry about it as everything works just fine. 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Rattle inside galaxy s20 ultra

Any have this problem and how to fix it

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Rattle inside galaxy s20 ultra

I think your talking about the camera rattles

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes around there

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userrvTTY1cFXj 

It's not broken, and not harmful to your phone. To fix it just stop shaking your phone.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @alsoJay ,

"This isn't a problem. It is just the lenses of the camera moving around when not being used. The lenses are stabilized with electromagnetism. When they aren't used, they will move around as there are no gears or mechanics to hold it into place." 

Be sure to check your resolution on your post so other know the resolution for the same question they may have.