Original topic:

Phone Won't Boot After Update S20+

(Topic created on: 2/9/21 1:58 AM)
Members_UGAQMSt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

After the 1/29/2021, mandatory software update my phone suddenly stopped turning on fully. I sent my device to be repaired under warranty (purchased in October 2020) and it was returned saying the device is unrepairable because it was rooted. I got the phone brand new and I never downloaded any custom software or rooted my S20+ nor would I know how to. Unfortunately, when asked if I could have the device rechecked by the repair center to ensure this was the correct diagnosis they told me that was not an option.

Here are photos of the screens I could figure out how to view now, I have no idea how to read this. From what little information I could find online it seems like the fact that it says "warranty void 0x0" should prove that it wasn't/isn't rooted after all. Either way I don't know what to do now and I can't get any further with customer service at this time so I figured I'd check if anyone had a solution here. If you have any information that can help or you know how to fix this I would be so grateful. I really like this phone and have always had good service with samsung aside from this so I'd like to fix the phone rather than try buying from somewhere else and hoping something like this doesn't happen again.

Please let me know if you have had this issue and know how to resolve it.

20210209_043204.jpg

 (this is what shows up when I try to factory reset the device)

20210209_042925.jpg

20210209_042459.jpg

 (the part after secure check fail seems to be different every time the phone tries to restart and on the screen I get when I try to factory reset... I don't know what could cause that)

20210209_044117.jpg

 (this is the main screen that always shows up)

0 Likes
2 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Odin
sammobile
back to 2 5
0 Likes
MateuzsDev
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Use odin and download the latest firmware for ur phone and flash it and it will work again. i just got that problem 2 days ago. and that fixed it!

if my post solved ur problem pls leave a heart and accept as solution!
0 Likes