Original topic:

Phone factory reset after update, now SD card encrypted.

(Topic created: 05-21-2021 10:27 AM)
userZVZY3CDIih
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've had this phone about 5 days. I bought it used after I dropped my old device and shattered the screen. Haven't had any major issues. Last night at midnight my phone started to update. When it was complete and I tried to open my phone it had completely reset the device. The message that popped up said:

"An unauthorized attempt has been made to factory reset your device to factory default settings. Connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network to verify your identity."

After connecting to my network I saw that everything was completely wiped. I was able to get most of my files back except for the SD card. I had the SD card encrypted in my old device but decrypted it so I could use it with my new device. Once I had it in my new device I encrypted it again. Everything was working fine until the update. Now I can't access anything and the message I'm getting is:

"Some files on your SD card were encrypted on another device and can't be used on this phone."

I tried to access the SD card on both devices but I keep getting that same message. I had thousands of files on this card and I really need to access them. Please help!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Andrejklol
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
if you factory reset and the SD card was encrypted you can't get the files back no matter what you do
0 Likes