Original topic:

Phone keeps randomly ringing, even on silent

(Topic created: 04-29-2021 11:19 PM)
cassieopeia
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I recently got an S20 FE.

I typically leave it on silent or vibrate because I don’t want it to ring while I’m at work etc.  The annoying thing is that it will loudly ring at random times...maybe once a week and as early as 6am.

Of course I check the volume and it will be set to silent or vibrate  as it should be.  My media is always set to silent also.  

I have a separate sound for notifications, so this is specifically related to the ringtone for incoming calls. There is nobody actually calling when it happens.

I’ve been lucky so far, but I’d like to fix this before it starts ringing while I’m at work. 

TIA

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gladiolus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Owner of a S20 FE & I never had any issues like that & I'm up to date with all software updates. I have 2 tips that hopefully helps 1 clear cache partition or 2 a factory reset ( make sure to do a backup for the 2nd tip since all data gets wiped ) sadly if none help then a 3rd advice will be if your still on warranty exchange the phone with another one. That one may have been faulty
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@cassieopeia 

Try booting your phone in safe mode. If the random rings do not happen while booted in safe mode, you know that a 3rd party software is causing it. 

0 Likes