JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone makes rattling sound when shaken

(Topic created: 03-12-2020 07:31 AM)
Samsung_NZXrR5p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else having the issue of when shaking your phone it sounds like something is loose in the camera area?

89 Replies
Atoz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Who will buy me one too😣😣😣

0 Likes
Ad00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

It is from the large camera lense. Its is normal.

0 Likes
userLn3FbVRz9V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I got my S20 Ultra last week. The display is awesome! The lag is minimal. The features are intuitive. Its like Samsung actually listened to their customers when making the S20.

Unfortunately, the camera falls short of a stellar review. Its a good camera. It takes nice photos. But for 108MP I hoped the detail would be a bit better. Hopefully this is something that can be improved with software updates.

Nokia had a 41MP camera on their phone 6yrs ago and their picture quality was better than this 108MP.

I tried playing with everything in the settings, hoping to increase picture quality to no avail. Please tell me the camera can be improved with future software, Samsung! I had HIGH HOPES for this phone and spent a LOT of money on it. Tell me this isnt the finished product...

userANMpfiYJbc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. In addition to the crash issues revolving around the camera use, I was fully expecting the camera itself to be better quality. 

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Let's try to clear cache and data on the camera app.

Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top right corner > select "Show System Apps" > find and click on Camera app > storage > clear cache and data.

Does this happen with just the stock camera app or on third-party apps that use the camera also?

You can also try wiping the cache partition on your device.

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Follow these steps:

- Turn off the device.

- Press and hold the Volume up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

- An "Installing system update" message will show for 30-60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

- Press the Power key to select.

- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, and press power key to select.

- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
userJI8M2joAIt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I was walking and I kept hearing something rattling I thought it was something in my pants well it was but it was my phone when you shake the S20 ultra  it sounds like something is moving in the camera

0 Likes
Anthonykings750
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My s20 ultra also does the same thing, when ever I shake it it makes a weird noise as if a lose piece was inside, kinda annoying

0 Likes
Samsung_HNJ7utQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The regular s20 does this as well... kinda weird.😂

0 Likes
user3AA0J9Ew40
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My s20 ultra does it too! I thought it was broken or defective. But maybe its normal?

0 Likes
ic3y808
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 Ultra here

When using the standard camera app if you go to the Video setting and shake the phone there is an audible rattle sound like something is loose inside the phone. Change to the still photo part of the app and the rattle goes away like something is now tightened.

Will this wear out over time whatever is moving around between those settings and should it make a rattle during video mode?

0 Likes