Original topic:

Phone makes rattling sound when shaken

(Topic created: 05-04-2020 12:11 PM)
Samsung_NZXrR5p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Is anyone else having the issue of when shaking your phone it sounds like something is loose in the camera area?

89 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Khryzcs 

I was at the Unpacked in person. And played with these phones on the show floor and in private setting, and I noticed the rattle at that time. It is completely safe and normal for these large camera modules to have some rattle. Some older phones actually rattled too, but since their camera hardware was much smaller, it was much harder to notice. The new Motorola Edge+, that just launched, has a very similar camera set up and it rattles just as much. Some YouTube reviews have mentioned it, but there were also several Forums discussions on this topic too.

Anyway. There is nothing to worry about, just try not to pay attention to it and not shake your phone as much : )

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
Samsung_K8hwVvH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I understand it's normal but mine still has a rattle when the camera app is in use and it sounds like it's coming from the top camera not the 100x camera...wonder if i should get another one through my warranty. Its like a light clicking sounds not the loud rattle.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Its is the camera lens that move ,as the others said it is completely normal

boston503
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

Yea its the cameras module moving

0 Likes
alsoJay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

is there supposed to be a rattle coming from my phone? I'm assuming it's the one of the camera lenses but it's concerningly loud. it just makes me in comfortable.

JJAY32
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I did not even notice that to be honest. I have the Galaxy S20 ultra 5G. Mine rattle when I shake it. I think its the built in camera. The optical telescoping lense. Not sure if its supposed to be normal.

alsoJay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I also have the S20 Ultra. if there are other instances of this with other people then I'm a little relieved. I still don't like the sound of it though.

Samsung_yJEKkQx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same for me... S20 Ultra

userhEWSp0OAl0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Really? .. even if you don't hear it in you pocket this rattle indicates parts shaking...  thank for you comnent.. but really?

"That car makes a funny noise when I start it ... 'don't start it!'.. LOL

user29PNDGRF2S
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an s20 ultra. I have noticed this yesterday and called Samsung and they have asked me to return this and get a new one. After looking at this page I am no longer concerned now