Original topic:

Phone randomly calls people

(Topic created: 01-07-2022 03:03 PM)
random1233
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My phone will randomly open up my phone key pad to call someone or pull up a recently called contact and call them without my knowledge. Is there a hot key or setting I'm missing that I can turn off to stop it from doing this? Thanks. 
4 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when our phones turn on in our pockets. When your phone is stored in a pocket or bag, your normal day-to-day activities can cause your phone to accidentally wake up or pocket dial someone. The "Lift to wake" and "Double tap to wake" features on your phone could be causing this. You can disable each feature individually, but you may experience better results if both features are turned off. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200663/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userraZ4fUW7AP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
So my moms phone is doing this.. randomly making calls but it is laying on a table touching nothing. I just look down and seen it on the table calling someone random she hasn't spoke to in years. What could cause this?
0 Likes
userraZ4fUW7AP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
BTW the phone is a s21 plus.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Oh no! I can definitely understand how concerning this is to have your mother's S21 Plus calling people without any prompts. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this guide a try to see if a third-party application may be causing this very strange behavior: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes