Original topic:

Phone still not updating.

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 12:42 PM)
Bigeyefish1979
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My S20+  is still not getting updates.  It is vexing that I have not recieved the new one UI 3.1but I can deal. What is concerning is that my phoneis still using the security patch from January and it has not updated any of the subsequent patches.  I have spoken to my Carrier about these updates they said as far as the one UI 3.1 they have released it for my phone model and there is no reason that I should not have received it. I went to a service center for my carrier and they said unfortunately we can't do not anything for you you need to contact Sprint. I contacted Sprint and talk to an "expert " and all he could say was keep waiting.  I have factory reset my phone and have cleared the data on Google Services Frameworks and neitht has helped. I kind of feel stuck in between the two companies with each of them pointing at the other sayıng, "They have to fix it."  
I may be wrong, but no matter if the UI software isn't released shouldn't I be getting the security patches?

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
11 Replies
Little242
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Neither have i
0 Likes
OBA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I will give you a Guide shortly. Try it and let see if it works. Just a moment
0 Likes
NYHusker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes. If you have done a backup of your phone, you can take it to a T-mobile corporate store and ask them to flash the latest factory software image.

I had the same problem, but I was part of the one ui beta. When I switched from sprint Sim to T-mobile Sim it broke the beta. I got no updates, couldn't unregister from the beta, nothing. I was stuck. So I did a full backup of my phone on my computer using smart switch and took it to T-mobile and asked them to flash the latest factory software image.

30 min later they handed me my phone and said I was all set. My phone has been perfect since. I get regular updates now. Hope this helps you!
userRfySLykuLd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Check your system settings then system updates then do soft reset by turning off the phone about 1min then turn it on don't do nothing till fully booted up once that done go to samsung app or go samsung.com/support
0 Likes
OBA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
These are what you need.

1. A computer with Smart Switch installed.
2. A Type C Cable that came with your phone.

Steps to be taken are:

1. Plug the Type C Cable that came with your phone to the phone and Power off your phone.

2. While stiff off, open Smart Switch and connect your phone to the Computer.

3. Hold Volume Up and Power Button together at the same time as your phone powers On.

What will follow:

1. Your Phone will boot into Recovery Mode.

2. Use Volume Up and Down to navigate from one item to the other and the Power Button to Accept your choices.

3. In Recovery Mode, navigate to Wipe Cache and use Power Button to Accept it.

4. Wait till it is done.

5. Navigate to Wipe Data/Reset the Phone and use Power Button to Accept it.

6. Wait till it is done.

7. Navigate again to Wipe Cache and use Power Button to Accept it.

8. Wait till it is done.

9. Navigate to Reboot Now.

10. Wait till it is done.

11. On Smart Switch, if your phone is recognized, it will automatically check and prompt you to download updates.

12. If Not, do the necessary set-up process that you normally do for a new phone.

13. Go to Setting on your phone and check for update.

IF THE ABOVE FAILS, RETURN THE PHONE TO THE MANUFACTURER OR YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER AS THE FACTORY IMAGE IS BAD OR CORRUPTED.
0 Likes
Bigeyefish1979
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm assuming I Backup my phones data first?!
0 Likes
OBA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Oh, Yes. Backup all your data first.
0 Likes
Bigeyefish1979
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks everyone!
0 Likes
OBA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
How did it go? Any update on your phone?
0 Likes