JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone turning on in pocket on S20

(Topic created on: 4/5/21 12:02 PM)
TEINSLDB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Anyone else notice their phone screen turning itself on while it's in your pocket after the last updates. Usually I can turn my screen off and put it in my pocket with the screen off and it doesn't come back on until I take it out of my pocket and turn it on. now after this update it's turning on in my pocket and clicking and all kinds of buttons and driving me crazy.  JUST ME? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Go inside of settings then display then see if accidental touch protection is turned on

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Go inside of settings then display then see if accidental touch protection is turned on

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

View solution in context

TEINSLDB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah that has been on since I had the phone, but I did double check it to see if update turned it off.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Have you tried wiping the cache partition? The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Do you notice any patterns to when you experience these symptoms?

Do you have anything in your pocket with your phone that might be bumping the power button?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
markaponce
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I've had the same problem lately
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes